- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
• Woman charged after being revived: Police responded to an E. Highland Road motel July 16 around 4 p.m. to assist firefighters on a call for an unconscious woman. The patrolman arrived first and found a 28-year-old Cleveland woman lying on the floor by the bathroom. The woman had no pulse and the officer began performing CPR, whereupon the woman began gasping for air and her pulse returned, the officer reported. Firefighters arrived and administered the opiate antidote Narcan, and the woman became responsive a short time later, the officer said. The woman was transported for further treatment. Police found a syringe and a torn plastic bag with white powder residue. The woman was charged with possession of drug abuse instruments, a first-degree misdemeanor.
• Man charged after admitting he smoked heroin: Police responded to a Ledge Road home July 21 around 8:15 p.m. for a reported overdose and found a 24-year-old man unconscious on the ground outside. Macedonia firefighters arrived and treated the man, who eventually revived and told police he had smoked heroin in his cigarette. He was taken to the Cleveland Clinic facility in Twinsburg for further treatment and charged with possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
• Wal-Mart evacuated after telephone threat: Police are investigating a call made to the Macedonia Commons Wal-Mart July 21 around 11 p.m in which someone told store employees there was a bomb in the building. The officer told store management to evacuate the building and called Macedonia Fire Department and the Summit County Bomb Squad, which responded with three deputies and bomb dogs. Nothing was found and the evacuation order was lifted. The building was evacuated for about three hours.
• Lawnmower reported stolen from city: Police responded to the city service department garage at Longwood Park July 25 around 9 a.m. for a report that a yellow 72-inch riding mower went missing some time after July 22. The mower’s value is around $10,600, according to the report. The case was referred to the detective bureau.
• Stolen Jeep stripped for parts: Police responded to an E. Highland Road motel for a report of a suspicious vehicle and found a 1998 Jeep Cherokee in the back of the parking lot near the Dumpster with no wheels and the engine running. Police reported the Jeep had been stripped for parts. The case is under investigation.
• Police advise contractor to see lawyer: Police were called to a Boulder Ridge Lane residence for a report of telephone harassment. The resident said his former landscaper was continually sending threatening texts over work he had done on the property. Police contacted the landscaper and told him to cease contact with the resident and to contact an attorney regarding any civil complaint he may have with the resident.
• Driver charged with OVI after police get tip: Police responding to a tip regarding a possible intoxicated driver to officers July 25 around 10 a.m. found a 58-year-old Northfield Center man making multiple lane violations on both Summer and Valley View roads, according to the report. Police found an open can of beer between the man’s feet and three other open cans of beer under the driver’s seat. Police administered field sobriety tests and arrested the man for OVI. He was also charged with open container and marked lane violations. He was taken to the Macedonia Jail for booking and registered 0.214 on a breathalyzer test, according to the report.
• Driver charged with felonies after stop for speeding through construction zone: Police charged a 25-year-old Youngstown man with felony tampering with evidence and possession of drugs, and misdemeanor possession of marijuana, paraphernalia, driving without a license and speeding July 24 around 7 p.m. on Interstate 271 in Macedonia near the Cinemark. According to the report, the officer observed the driver speeding southbound and pulled him over. The driver admitted he had marijuana in the car and police found about a gram of marijuana, as well as 23 partially dissolved percocets inside a cup of soda, as well as other drug paraphernalia. He was taken to Macedonia Jail for booking.