- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District continues to host a series of informational meetings to help customers understand more about the Regional Stormwater Management Program and how to apply for an Individual Residential Property Credit.
The Regional Stormwater Management Program addresses flooding, streambank erosion and water quality problems across the Sewer District’s 355 square mile service area. The Sewer District will assume responsibility for millions of dollars of necessary maintenance along large streams across the region. The Sewer District will also conduct planning and build projects to begin addressing the region’s chronic flooding and erosion issues.
Stormwater billing resumed in July 2016; most customers receive quarterly sewer bills and this fee appears as a separate line-item on their July, August or September bills, whenever the next bill is scheduled. Through the Sewer District’s stormwater fee credits, customers can reduce their bill by taking steps to manage their stormwater runoff.
Stop by any time to learn about Stormwater Fee Credits at these remaining workshops:
• Parma: Aug. 20 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Watershed Stewardship Center at West Creek, 2277 West Ridgewood Drive, Parma
• Summit County: Aug. 23, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Happy Days Lodge, 500 West Streetsboro Street (S.R. 303), Peninsula
• Cuyahoga Heights: Sept. 17 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Sewer District’s Annual Open House, 4747 East 49th Street, Cuyahoga Heights
• Mayfield Village: Sept. 22 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Mayfield Village Civic Center, 6622 Wilson Mills Road, Mayfield Village
• Richfield Village: Sept. 29 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Richfield Village Hall, 4410 West Streetsboro Street (S.R. 303), Richfield Village
Additional information about the Regional Stormwater Management Program is available at www.neorsd.org/stormwater.