- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
• Sibling disagreement leads to felony arrest: Police responded to a Kingsview Drive home for a report of domestic disturbance July 2 around 7:30 p.m. after receiving a 911 hang up call. A 55-year-old Sagamore Hills woman met police at the door and told officers she had been in a physical altercation with her brother, a 52-year-old resident of the home. The woman told police her wrist and neck hurt and paramedics from Northfield Center-Sagamore Hills Fire District evaluated her and took her to University Hospital in Twinsburg for treatment. Police say the man had visible scratches on his arm and neck, but declined medical treatment. According to the report, police determined she was the primary aggressor but did not arrest her that day due to her injuries. Police located her at an Aurora Road apartment July 3, arrested her and took her to Summit County Jail on a fourth-degree felony domestic violence charge.
• Residential break-in under investigation: Police responded to an Acre Drive home for a report of a break-in July 2 around noon. The resident told police a diamond wedding ring, a diamond engagement ring, other gold jewelry and a tablet and charger had been taken. According to the report, the value of the items is approximately $2,450. An investigation is pending.
• Employee theft leads to charge: Deputies responded to a Golden Link Boulevard store for a report of employee theft July 15 around 9 a.m. Store loss prevention staff told deputies miscellaneous items including headphones, cologne, a compact disc and a watch had allegedly been taken between June 11 and July 15 by a 21-year-old Garfield Heights man who worked in the store. The items valued more than $470. Deputies charged the man with misdemeanor theft.
• Father-son dispute leads to arrest: Deputies responded to a Karen Lane home July 13 around 1 p.m. for a report of a domestic dispute between a father and son. Deputies say a 26-year-old resident allegedly shoved his father and tackled him in the driveway of their home. The father, 55, had a laceration on his left wrist but declined medical treatment, according to the report. Police charged the son with misdemeanor domestic violence and took him to Summit County Jail.
• Argument leads to warrant pick up: Deputies responded to a Butternut Lane residence July 6 around 11:30 p.m. for a reported domestic dispute. Deputies say upon arrival a man and a woman were involved in a verbal argument and there were no signs of violence or threats. During the investigation, deputies determined a 29-year-old Madison woman involved in the argument was wanted on a warrant for a theft charge by the Chardon Police Department. Deputies transported her to the Chardon Police Department.
• Speeding leads to drug charge: Police pulled over a vehicle on Interstate 271 near Route 82 for speeding July 18 around 2:30 p.m. Police said they smelled marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. An 18-year-old Pennsylvania man who was a passenger in the vehicle handed police a bag containing 3 grams of marijuana, according to the report. He was cited for possession of marijuana. The driver, a 19-year-old Pennsylvania man, was cited for speeding.