- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
• Speeding violation leads to drug citations: Police pulled over a vehicle on Interstate 271 North near the northern city line for speeding Aug. 1 just before midnight. Police smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle. During a vehicle search, officers found a marijuana blunt the driver, an 18-year-old Oakwood Village man, denied ownership of. The passenger, an 18-year-old Bedford Heights man, told police he and the driver got the blunt to smoke together. The driver was cited for speeding, possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia and drug abuse. The passenger was cited for drug abuse. Both men were released from the scene.
• Warrant pickup leads to drug arrest: Police responded to an area north of Bobolink Drive and Valley View Road Aug. 9 around 8 p.m. after an officer who was conducting a traffic stop in the area saw a 26-year-old Macedonia man who had an active warrant in the area. Police say they attempted to approach the man on foot, and he ran away as they attempted to handcuff him. Police gave chase, eventually catching up to the man when he fell in the backyard of a Bobolink Drive home. Police searched the man and found a hypodermic needle, foil with burn marks and a cotton swab. Police took the man to Macedonia Jail and charged him with possession of drug abuse instruments, resisting arrest, obstructing official business and two counts possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Shoplifting leads to two charged: Police responded to a Macedonia Commons store for a report of theft July 27 around 4:30 p.m. Store loss prevention staff told police they were watching a group of three females, two of whom they saw conceal clothing items in their purses. One was a juvenile girl and the other was an 18-year-old Cleveland woman. Both were taken to Macedonia Jail. The juvenile was charged through Summit County Juvenile Court with theft and the 18-year-old was charged through Mayors Court with theft.
• Man allegedly threatens wife, self: Police responded to a Milford Drive home Aug. 4 around 11 p.m. for a report of domestic violence. A woman told police her husband, a 27-year-old man, was inside the home and had made threats on her life and threatened to kill himself. According to the report, the man became angry upon being placed in handcuffs and acted “hysterical and belligerent.” Police called Northfield Village Fire Department to assess the man’s well-being and after paramedics determined he was not a threat and there was no need to transport him, police began to take the man to a patrol car when he stopped walking and dropped to the ground. Northfield Fire Department took the man to University Hospitals Bedford Medical Center. Police charged him with misdemeanor domestic violence
• Traffic stop leads to charge: Police pulled over a vehicle on Route 8 south after a random registration check returned the driver had a suspended license Aug. 2 around 4:30 p.m. Police took the driver, a 64-year-old Northfield Center man, to Northfield Village Police Department and charged him with driving under suspension. He was released on a $50 cash bond.
• Suspended license leads to felony charge: Police pulled over a vehicle on Route 8 near Magnolia Ave. after a random registration check returned the driver had a suspended license Aug. 3 around 1:30 p.m. Police searched the driver, a 49-year-old Maple Heights man, and found a bag of marijuana and a pipe. Police searched the vehicle and found 2.5 Hydrocodone, the man told police he did not have a prescription for. Police had the vehicle towed and took the man to Northfield Village Police Department and charged the man with fifth degree felony possession of drugs, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving under suspension.