Heading Logo


Letter: Sagamore Hills Trustees recognize contributions of fire district

Published: September 14, 2016 12:00 AM

In 1928, the Northfield

Center Fire Department first organized in a small garage still attached to the Northfield Center Township Hall. From those humble beginnings, in 2010 the department grew into the Northfield Center-Sagamore Hills First District. For nearly 90 years, our community has benefitted from the professional fire and EMS services and high level of commitment the district has made in protecting our homes and families. Later this month, our township and Northfield Center Township will be joining with the city of Macedonia in what we hope will grow into a full-time regional Fire/EMS service. While our Fire District will end, its service to our community will never be forgotten.

Today, we recognize the contributions and the countless hours of time each member has provided toward the health and safety of our community. On behalf of all of our residents, we thank them for all of their work and honor their service. We know we will continue to see some of them as they have joined the Macedonia Fire Department and others will be going to other fire departments. We wish them all well and thank them for everything they have done for our community.

Sagamore Hills Township Board of Trustees

David W. DePasquale, Chair

[Article continues below]

John Zaccardelli, Vice-Chair

Paul Schweikert, Trustee

Scott Gale, Fiscal Officer


Rate this article

Do you want to leave a comment?   Please Log In or Register to comment.